Sunday, May 9, 2021

Italian Pasta Salad

I'm not typically a cold pasta fanatic but one day I got in one of those moods to branch out of my comfort zone and attempt something different. This is INSANELY easy to put together and I love the fresh ingredients! I've been told it closely resembles Olive Garden's pasta salad but since I've never had it, I wouldn't know. My biggest suggestion here is do not skimp and please get the GOOD pesto! My favorite is Barilla brand. I hope to learn to make my own version one day but since I'm the only one in my household that is obsessed with all things pesto, I don't see me going out of my way to make it any time soon. And slicing a mozzarella ball is just oh so satisfying. But don't eat it all because you're gonna need that in your salad to accentuate the flavors. Maybe just go ahead and get two balls....

 Italian Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
1 lb bow-tie pasta
1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
8 oz mozzarella cheese ball (sliced into 1/2 inch pieces)
1/4 cup pesto
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp basil

Directions:
1. Boil pasta in large pot according to package directions. 
2. While pasta is cooking, slice tomatoes and cheese. 
3. Once pasta is done, drain it and rinse with cold water (not doing this makes your cheese melt and that's not good). 
4. Add pasta to mixing bowl along with tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, pesto, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. 
5. Toss together and refrigerate for about an hour or until chilled. Can be served at room temperature but I prefer cold because gives time for flavors to meld. 


No comments:

Post a Comment