Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Skillet Sausage and Zucchini (Serves 4)

 So we are turning a new leaf around here and trying to eat healthier FINALLY. Sometimes it takes a major nudge in the behind to get you going but we are there and hopefully we will stick with it. Last night, I made this dish and my entire family loved it! Even my pickiest eater ate a full plate of it AND salad (she normally hates salad). That gave me the boost to keep going. Now I've given myself a new challenge...get that girl to eat what she never dreamed she would. Two of my kids said "you cook the best healthy stuff, mommy." This meal is easy, even for the cook that doesn't like being in the kitchen. Easy to prepare, easy to cook and extra bonus, even easier to clean up! I LOVE one pan meals...


Skillet Sausage and Zucchini - (Serves 4)


Ingredients:

2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
4 fully cooked sausages, sliced into circle 1/4inch thick
2 medium zucchini, cubed
1 chopped onion
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic, minced

1.) Heat 1TBSP olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add sausage and saute, flipping often for about 2 minutes or until slices have some browning. Remove from pan and set aside. 

2.) Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 1/2 TBSP olive oil to skillet along with zucchini, onion and bell pepper. Add in seasonings then stir and let heat for a couple minutes. Serve immediately. (Served ours with a side salad)







No comments:

Post a Comment