Sunday, May 10, 2020

Tuscan Chicken Pasta

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Though today, my husband will be grilling for me and our kiddos, I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite pasta dishes. I LOVE pasta way more than I know I should! Sometimes I'm convinced I'm part Italian even though I know it's not true. This is also one of those dishes I love cooking with my kids because it's substantially easy to make for a novice kid cook.

Tuscan Chicken Pasta



Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2 cups frozen spinach 
1/2 chopped onion
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup half & half
3 tbsp all purpose flour
16oz box penne pasta
parmesan cheese, to garnish

1.) Place oil, garlic, spinach and onion in a dutch oven or large pot. Simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes. 

2.) Meanwhile, fill a large pot with salted water then cook pasta until al-dente, about 12 minutes. 

3.) Add oregano, thyme, pepper, salt, basil, diced tomatoes and chicken broth to the dutch oven. Allow mixture to come to boil, then stir. Add chicken then stir. 

4.) In small bowl, whisk flour and half & half together, making sure there are no clumps. Stir flour mixture into sauce until well combined. 

5.) Drain pasta and add to sauce and stir. Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment