Monday, March 31, 2014

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

For us, tonight is a leftover night. Got to do some serious cleaning out of the freezer before I can fit any more future leftovers in. But for you, I leave a recipe that makes for an amazing comfort food, and a family favorite: Brown Sugar Meatloaf. My husband claims it's his favorite of everything I cook. It's also an excellent go-to when it comes to providing a meal for someone who could use a care package. My favorite part is how EASY it is to put together and once in the oven, it only takes one hour to cook. Lately, I've gotten on a steamed broccoli kick. So this is a great entrĂ©e to go along with it. I keep hoping if my son sees me eating it enough, he'll finally give in and try some too.

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1.5 lbs lean ground beef
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 & 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
2. In mixing bowl, mix thoroughly ground beef, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, onion, ginger and crackers. Shape into loaf and put in pan.
3. Mix together ketchup and brown sugar and spread over top of meat.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment