Sunday, April 26, 2020

Pulled Pork Enchiladas and Mexican Rice

Y'all....made this new recipe last night and my husband claimed they  were "PERFECT" and stated they are by far his new favorite dish I make. He demanded more...haha! So easy too! I used leftover pulled pork for this so if you are not using leftovers, cook your pork accordingly beforehand. I love easy, tasty, filling meals that my whole crew loves! I paired it with my Mexican rice and it definitely satisfied my hunger for Mexican food! I used shredded sharp cheddar cheese on mine but I bet shredded Mexican blend would be great too! Also, I used mild salsa for my rice but, again, if you prefer hotter, by all means choose a different one.


Pulled Pork Enchiladas--Servings 4-6



Ingredients:

2 cups pulled pork (great use for leftovers!)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn kernels, drained
2 cups shredded cheese
8 tortillas
3 cups red enchilada sauce

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.)  Heat cooked pulled pork in large microwaveable dish until hot (took mine 6 minutes).

3.) Add the corn, black beans, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup cheese into the bowl and mix to combine.

4.) Spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce onto bottom of 13x9 baking dish.

5.) Place 1/2 cup filling into a tortilla and roll up and place in baking dish. (I seriously used my CLEAN hands here, y'all. And I guessed the "1/2 cup".)

6.) Pour over the remaining enchilada sauce and bake 10 minutes.

7.) Remove from the oven and add cheese then bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden.

8.) Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

9.) Serve with Mexican Rice (below) for an even more satisfying meal!)



Mexican Rice-- 8 servings

 


Ingredients

3 tbsp olive oil
2 cups long-grain white rice
1/2 chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups mild salsa
2 cups chicken broth
2 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste

1.) In a large pot or dutch oven over medium-low heat, add oil and chopped onions. Cook until softened.  Then add minced garlic and cook for another minute.

2.) Add the uncooked long-grain white rice to the pan and brown with the onions for about 5 minutes.

3.) Add salsa, chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper.

4.) Bring the rice to a boil and then lower heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Do not stir! Rice will absorb broth while it cooks.

5.) Remove lid and fluff with fork. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This was SO YUMMY and easy!! Thank you so much for sharing ��

    ReplyDelete