Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cooking for Therapy?? (Crockpot Taco Pasta)

It's TRUE! I never would have imagined it myself if you had asked me seven years ago when I first got married and was flipping burnt pancakes onto the kitchen floor. My husband said "she could burn water." Now, cooking is a hobby for me and something I truly LOVE doing and sharing with others. My husband loves it just as much (obviously) and has been dubbed my official critic. So far, the only thing he hasn't liked that I've whipped up over the course of the past two years is an enchilada bake that made a horrible casserole but as he says, "it sure makes an excellent dip!" Therefore, I've not made it since. Every couple weeks, I like to give a new recipe a try. A couple nights ago, I tried "Easy Crockpot Taco Pasta" and it was awesome! Easy to put together (crockpots ROCK!) and ready in 5 hours! Serve with some corn and a side salad and you got yourself an excellent meal!

~Easy Crockpot Taco Pasta Recipe

1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup beef flavored broth
1 cup water
1 pkg (1oz) taco seasoning mix
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 pkg (8oz) chile & roasted garlic Mexican cooking sauce
4oz cream cheese, softened & cut into 1-inch pieces
3 cups cooked medium pasta shells
2 cups (8oz) shredded Cheddar cheese

1.  In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
2.  In 5 to 6 quart crockpot, place cooked beef and remaining taco pasta ingredients except pasta shells and Cheddar cheese; stir until well combined.
3.  Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 4-5 hours.
4.  About 15 minutes before serving, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Uncover slow cooker; stir in pasta and Cheddar cheese until well combined.
5.  Cook uncovered on HIGH heat setting 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
6. Serve with sour cream, salsa and/or shredded cheese.

3 comments: